Hands-on care supported by easy-to-use technology at home in the Pittsburgh area.
Caring for aging loved ones, especially from a distance, can be challenging. Even if you’re familiar with what’s available, it can be daunting to figure out the right services and coordinate the appropriate care. We are experts in care coordination, remote monitoring, and home modifications to ensure the safety of individuals living at home with chronic health problems or dementia.
Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
We keep people safe and independent as long as possible. A personal response system or medical alert system means we will be there at just the touch of a button—for any reason.
- No long-term contract
- Installation and setup
- No equipment to purchase
- No hidden charges
Have you or your loved one ever:
- Forgotten to take a dose?
- Taken a double dose?
- Taken your medication at the wrong time?
- Had trouble identifying pills?
- Had trouble opening pill bottles?
- Errors in taking medication can lead to a visit to the hospital. If you or your loved one takes multiple medications several times a day, turn to Presbyterian Senior Care at Home.
Chronic disease management
Care coordinators can arrange for additional care and assist with managing chronic diseases, medications and more. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a trusted advisor who can complete an assessment of need, arrange for the services and follow up on and monitor the delivery of services? Our care management team will:
- Talk with your physician as needed
- Communicate with your family as needed
- Follow-up with you upon return home from hospital or rehabilitation
- Arrange for a nurse to provide educational sessions on disease management for diabetes, congestive heart failure and more
- Every individual with dementia is unique in what is needed to keep the person safe at home. Our team can assess your home and make suggestions on how to dementia-proof your home and keep your loved one at home as long as possible.
- We can suggest a range of simple and inexpensive modifications, along with monitoring devices that alert caregivers:
- Door alerts
- Automated fall detectors
- A safe-return bracelet
- Automated medication reminders
- Electronic devices including Geo-fencing around the home
- Activity sensors and more
Click here to contact us or call 1-877-256-0055 for a complimentary in-home assessment.